Thursday, January 24, 2008

Damn birthdays!

Ok, so you all know how you have that one friend who is IMPOSSIBLE to buy a present for because they seem to have everything they want already? Well, one of my friends just like that is having a birthday soon... Sunday in fact. Now, I am the type of person who loves to give gifts tailored to the person's personality, but J is quickly becoming a case that I'm finding harder and harder to solve. He's into spirituality, but not any one kind AND he seems to find all the info he needs. But, none the less, I found a few books that deal with just that, looking for inspiration within who and what others believe in. But I don't want to be the friend who gets someone books, how fun is that. Woo and hoo...

So, I've been working on making him some cd's of his favorite type of music... techno. Now here comes the problem I'm encountering, there's not just techno, oh no that would be way to easy for me... No no no, there's house, progressive house, trance, electronica, post progressive electronica, (ok ok, I made that last one up, but you get my drift). See, I like techno, or whatever you want to call it. Honestly, it perks me up and makes me wanna dance, like a fool as any of my friends who have seen it could probably tell you, but that's not the point... (it's also awesome in the bedroom, trust me!) The point is, I'm not such a huge fan that I can tell which artists in each style are better than the rest, which ones J would like most to be exact.

This is where this post comes in... I'm hoping that a few minutes away from the mix table will be enough for me to cool down and come up with a brilliant plan...
....
.....
......
.......
........
Nothing, what a flipping shock! Ok, so it's back to the task at hand, hopefully inspiration lightning will strike any time now.

No comments: