Monday, January 21, 2008

Starting over... again

Ok, so this is the first entry in my new life... God, how many times have I said that and done this? How many times have I started over just to realize when I'm back at square one that I have no idea why I left square seven (hey, that's as far as I've ever gotten!). THIS IS THE LAST TIME. And I mean it this time. Okay, so I'm unmarried, I still rent, and I don't have a nine-to-five job. But on the upside, I'm unmarried, I still rent, and I don't have a nine-to-five job. (Name which author said that and I'll love you forever!!) Not saying that I'm estatic about that, but I've learned to deal with what I've been given. This characteristic lack of foresight might explain why I dropped out of college after three years, why I change my hair more often than Brittney Spears goes to rehab (will cutting all my locks off change my life? I think so!), and why I deem it necessary to move across the country every 8 months or so.

Yet, somehow, despite or perhaps because of the zigs and zags my path has taken, I've managed to end up at a fairly good place. I have friends who love me and whom I adore equally, I have family who doesn't ALWAYS drive me crazy, and I have my precocious health. But then again that does seem to fail at the most unopportune times. I can't exactly say that I've found happiness, but I have found a smile or two in the most unexpected places. And hopefully some day I will find my sunshine, just not in a salon. (c:

So, my wish for this "yet-again" new beginning is to finally discover who I really and truly am, to find love, success and happiness. Hell, I wish that for all of us, especially you.

No comments: